Warm mexican salad
30 mins of preparation + 45 cooking time 6 servings
- 1 L (4 c.) of kernel corn
- 2 bell peppers (green, red or orange), cubed
- 1 large red onion, cubed
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 duBreton Mexican BBQ Pork Boneless Loin Filets
- 250 mL (1 c.) of cucumber, seeded and cut into pieces
- 125 mL (½ c.) of sour cream
- 45 mL (3 tbsp.) of fresh chopped dill
- 2 L (8 c.) of crispy lettuce (iceberg, romaine, etc.), thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- In an oven-safe dish, combine the corn, peppers and onions with the oil and season to taste.
- Bake, stirring several times, for 20 to 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
- Place the loin filets in an oven-safe dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- During cooking, combine the cucumber and cream and purée using a mixer or immersion blender to make a creamy vinaigrette. Season to taste.
- Serve the roasted vegetables and sliced pork on the lettuce, and top with the vinaigrette and a dill garnish.