Chicken breasts stuffed with boreal cretons and cranberries
20 mins of preparation + 25 cooking time 4 servings
- 1 – 150 g (⅓ lb.) package of duBreton Boreal Cretons
- 22 mL (1½ tbsp.) of cornmeal
- 60 mL (¼ c.) of dried cranberries
- 5–10 mL (1–2 tsp.) of fresh chopped summer savory or thyme
- 4 deboned chicken breasts
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Mix the cretons with the cornmeal, cranberries and herbs.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Slice the chicken breasts in two without cutting all the way through and open flat.
- Spread the creton mixture on the chicken breasts and then close them back up to trap the filling inside.
- Transfer to an oven-safe dish and season the chicken with salt and pepper. Bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with seasonal vegetables.