Potato and vegetable salad with sausage and maple
15 mins of preparation + 30 cooking time 4 servings
- 1.25 L (5 c.) of new coloured baby potatoes, halved
- 60 mL (¼ c.) of olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1–2 packages of 4 duBreton Smoky Maple Fully Cooked Sausages
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of old-fashioned mustard
- 45 mL (2 tbsp.) of wine vinegar
- 22 mL (1½ tbsp.) of maple syrup
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of fresh chopped dill
- 1 L (4 c.) of lettuce
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into thin half-rounds
- Preheat oven to 425°F (210°C).
- In an oven-safe dish, coat the potatoes with 22 mL (1½ tbsp.) of the oil and season generously.
- Add the sausage and bake for 25–30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a salad bowl, mix the rest of the oil with the mustard, vinegar, syrup and dill.
- Add the potatoes and mix well to coat them with the mixture.
- Stir in the lettuce and cucumber.
- Distribute among the plates and garnish with 1 or 2 roasted sausages. Serve immediately.