Creamy pan-roasted pork chops with swiss chard
10 mins of preparation + 20 cooking time 4 servings
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 4 loin chops center cut frenched duBreton
- Ground salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 250 ml (1 cup) 35% cream
- 7 ml (1/2 tbsp.) dry mustard
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, chopped, minimum 1 litre (4 cups)
- Using a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat and brown pork chops for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Generously season with salt and pepper. Set aside pork chops.
- Sauté onions in the frying pan for 2 minutes
- Deglaze with wine, pour in cream and add dry mustard. Stir.
- Add Swiss chard, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Place pork chops in the sauce, cover and cook for 12 minutes at medium-high. Stir and turn over pork chops half way through cook time.