Italian sausage caprese salad
10 mins of preparation + 10 cooking time 4 to 6 servings
- 4 (1 package) duBreton Mild Italian Sausages
- 1.5 lb (680 g) Ripe Tomatoes
- 1 Large Ball (approximately 125 g) Buffalo Mozzarella
- 6 Fresh Basil Leaves
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the BBQ to Medium heat (350° to 450°F).
- Grill the sausages, with the lid closed, for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned and fully cooked. Remove from grill, and cut on the diagonal into ½ inch slices. Set aside.
- Slice the tomatoes and place on a large flat plate. Pull the mozzarella apart, by hand, into small pieces and scatter over tomatoes. Tear the basil leaves into smaller pieces and sprinkle over the salad.
- Top with slices sausages (and any juices), a drizzle of olive oil, a few drops of balsamic and a sprinkle of coarse salt and pepper.