Summary of measures in places to counter the spread of COVID-19
NOTE THAT PLANT-SPECIFIC SANITATION MEASURES TAKE PRIORITY IF THEY ARE HIGHER THAN WHAT IS RECOMMENDED IN THIS UPDATE.
This policy sets out the mandatory guidelines applicable during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In addition to this policy, the company follows the requirements imposed by law and government recommendations, considering the specific context of our industry, both from a health perspective and by its essential nature.
The health and safety of our employees is the priority. Every employee, customer, subcontractor and supplier has the responsibility and obligation to be attentive to his or her state of health, to report without delay if he or she has symptoms and to respect all the directives included in this policy in order to maintain a healthy and safe work environment free of contagion and disease.
Symptoms of COVID-19
- Difficulty breathing;
- Symptoms may be mild (similar to a cold) or more severe (such as those associated with pneumonia and lung or kidney failure).
In order to limit the risk and ensure the safety of workers, each employee, subcontractor, and visitor is required to comply with a temperature reading upon arrival.
Preventive measures in the workplace
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds. Please note that hand washing is more effective than using hand sanitizer.
- Otherwise, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or folded handkerchief when you cough or sneeze. Dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- Avoid direct contact and maintain 2 metres between individuals.
Special hygiene measures during this pandemic
The cleaning and disinfection of surfaces (punches, door handles, switches, ramps, tables, toilets, etc.) is increased as well as hand washing upon entering the factory and before/after each break. Office employees are responsible for the disinfection of equipment and work surfaces in their offices. Products are supplied by the company with instructions for use.
Attendance at work
Attendance at work is required for all employees who cannot telework unless :
- The employee shows symptoms of illness;
- The employee has been in contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19;
In these cases, the employee must contact 1-877-644-4545 (government health info line dedicated to coronavirus) and follow the recommendations received from the health professional with whom he or she will speak.
In order to put in place social distancing measures to contain COVID-19 and prevent its spread, the company has :
- Staggered break and lunch hours to allow more space in common areas;
- Added plexiglass as a protective barrier in areas where the 2-metre distance is not possible;
- Rearranged workspaces to allow the 2-metre distance;
- Restricted access to the workplace to non-employees essential to operations (maintenance, repairs, etc.). These persons must have their temperature taken and their symptoms and risks checked;
- Implemented special measures to limit staff contact with truckers as much as possible;
- Prohibits all unnecessary business travel and all travel within regions, Canadian provinces or any country;
- Limited meetings to those essential to maintaining or sustaining operations by promoting the use of computer tools (calls and video conferences).
This document is a summary of the guidelines put in place to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 in the company. These guidelines are subject to change over time as the situation evolves.