Boreal ham sandwich
15 mins of preparation + 5 cooking time 4 servings
- 160 mL (2/3 c.) of fresh blueberries
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) of fresh chopped rosemary
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 45 mL (3 tbsp.) of mayonnaise
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of Dijon mustard
- 1-1/3 baguettes
- 2 packages of duBreton organic Boreal Ham
- 120 g (4 oz.) of medium to old Saguenay or Abitibi cheddar, sliced
- 2-3 cooked beets, thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, rosemary, salt and pepper with 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of water.
- Cover and heat over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and crush the blueberries using a fork to achieve a spread-like consistency. If the result is too watery, return to heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Then transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard to make a Dijonnaise sauce.
- Slice open the baguettes lengthwise, distribute the blueberry-rosemary spread on the bottom halves and then top with the ham followed by cheese and beets. Spread Dijonnaise sauce on the top halves and close the sandwiches.
- Cut into wedges and serve.