Burgers with dried tomatoes, chèvre and arugula
20 mins of preparation + 15 cooking time 4 servings
- 600 g (1-1/3 lbs.) of duBreton extra-lean ground pork
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of chopped onion
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) of dried rosemary
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg
- 125 mL (1/2 c.) of bread crumbs
- Fresh-ground pepper and salt to taste
- 4 whole-wheat buns
- 80 mL (1/3 c.) of fresh unripened goat cheese, softened
- 8 pieces of dried tomato
- 250 mL (1 c.) of young arugula leaves
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high or conventional oven to 210°C (425°F).
- In a bowl, mix all burger ingredients with exception of garnishes. Season to taste.
- Divide mixture into 4 portions and form into patties.
- Place on grill or on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper in centre of oven. Cook patties for 12 - 15 minutes, turning once.
- Heat buns, spread goat cheese on bottom half of buns and place patties on buns followed by dried tomatoes and arugula.