Colourful grilled sausage salad
20 mins of preparation + 12 cooking time 4 servings
- 2 packages of 4 duBreton Hot Italian Sausages
- 1 L (4 c.) of coloured tomatoes, sliced, or coloured cherry tomatoes, halved
- 750 mL (3 c.) of watermelon, diced
- ½ English cucumber, cut into spirals or thin strips
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 250 mL (1 c.) of croutons
Homemade ranch dressing :
- 125 mL (½ c.) of sour cream
- 10 mL (2 tsp.) of lemon juice
- 2 mL (½ tsp.) of Worcestershire sauce
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of fresh parsley, chopped
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) of dehydrated onions
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a jar and set aside in refrigerator.
- Cook the sausages according to the package directions.
- Divide the tomatoes, melon, cucumber and green onion among 6 plates.
- Top with the sausages, dressing and croutons. Serve immediately.
Cooking on barbecue:
- Preheat barbecue to medium heat.
- Cook the sausages for 10 to 15 minutes.