Maple and bacon tarts
10 mins of preparation + 5 cooking time 12 servings
- 250 ml (1 cup) maple syrup
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) 35% cream
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) water
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) cornstarch
- 12 baked tartlet bases
- 3-4 slices cooked and minced duBreton Bacon
- In a small saucepan, combine the syrup, cream and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks with the water and starch.
- As soon as the first broths appear, pour the egg yolk mixture into the pan, stirring with a whisk.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour into the tartlet bases and garnish with bacon.