Cauliflower risotto with bacon and mushrooms
15 mins of preparation + 35 cooking time 4 servings
- 6 slices of Sugar-free duBreton bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 750 ml (3 cups) mushrooms of your choice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 15 ml (1 tbsps.) olive oil
- 1.5 litres (6 cups) chopped cauliflower (using a knife or food processor)
- 500 ml (2 cups) chicken or vegetable broth
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) 35% cream
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) grated parmesan
- Ground salt and pepper
- Using a large saucepan, over medium heat, cook bacon for 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and cook for 5 more minutes. Set aside on a plate.
- Using the same pan, heat oil at medium heat and saute the cauliflower for 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Pour in cream and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add parmesan, bacon/mushroom mixture, allow cheese to melt and season to taste.