Maple pork chops with curry and mango chutney
15 mins of preparation + 30 cooking time 4 servings
Curry marinade :
- 30 ml (2 tbsps.) canola oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) pineapple juice
- 1 french shallot
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) Indian curry
- 4 loin chops center cut frenched duBreton
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) canola oil
- 1 french shallot, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsps.) cider vinegar
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) fresh or frozen mango in cubes
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) pineapple juice
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 30 ml (2 tbsps.) fresh chopped coriander
- Ground salt and pepper
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a bowl and marinate pork in refrigerator for at least 1 hour and for up to 24 hours.
- Using a large pan, heat oil over medium heat and sauté shallot for 2 minutes.
- Deglaze with vinegar and reduce to half.
- Add mango, pineapple juice and maple syrup. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add coriander and season to taste.
- Remove pork from marinade and cook in a skillet, over medium heat, 7 to 8 minutes each side or on the barbecue at medium 6 to 7 minutes each side.