Chili with corn and italian sausage
10 mins of preparation + 20 cooking time 4 to 6 servings
Recipe made with:
Hot Italian Sausages (vacuum-packed)
- 1 package of 4 duBreton Hot Italian Sausages
- 1 - 540 mL (19 oz.) can of red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 - 540 mL (19 oz.) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 250 mL (1 c.) of frozen kernel corn
- 250 mL (1 c.) of salsa
- 1 - 796 mL (28 oz.) can of crushed tomatoes
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of barbecue sauce
- 10 mL (2 tsp.) of chili powder
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) of ground cumin
- 1 mL (¼ tsp.) of salt
- 1 lime, quartered
- In a pot, combine all ingredients except the lime.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Cut the sausages into pieces, stir and serve with lime wedges to be squeezed over the chili to taste.