Deli, sharp cheddar and honey caramelized shallot platter
15 mins of preparation + 12 cooking time 6 to 8 servings
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) butter or oil
- 4 french shallots, peeled and cut in half
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) white wine
- 10 ml (2 tsps.) honey
- Ground salt and pepper
- 1 65g package of duBreton Sopressata Dry Sausage
- 1 65g package of duBreton Appalachian Treasure Dry Sausage
- 1 65g package of duBreton Boreal and Black Trumpets Dry Sausage
- 1 65g package of duBreton Chorizo Dry Sausage
- 1 65g package of duBreton Prosciutto Dry Cured Ham
- 150 g (1/3 lb) sharp cheddar
- 500 ml (2 cups) sprouts or lettuce
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) mixed olives
- Using a small frying pan, melt butter at medium-high, add shallots, cut side down. Cook for 5 minutes until coloured.
- Pour in wine and honey, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove cover and reduce if required to caramelize shallots and thicken the liquid. Transfer into a bowl to cool. Season to taste.
- Using a serving platter or a board, lay out dry deli meat, sharp cheddar, sprouts a bowl of olives and the carmelized shallots.