Roasted cauliflower with sausage
20 mins of preparation + 50 cooking time 4 servings
- 1 -2 cauliflowers
- 30 ml (2 tbsps.) olive oil
- Ground salt and pepper
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 1 french shallot, chopped
- 45 ml (3 tbsps.) raisins
- 250 ml (1 cup) vegetable or chicken broth
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) 35% cream or 15% cooking cream
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) cornstarch
- 1 65g package duBreton Boreal and Black Trumpets Dry Sausage, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 425oF (210oC).
- Cut cauliflower in half and make slices of approximately 2 cm (3/4 inch) thick. Allow for two slices of cauliflower per person depending on size of the cauliflower. Set aside extra pieces for other usage.
- Place slices of cauliflower on a cooking sheet and brush generously with oil and season.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes, turn over and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender and golden.
- In the meantime, in a small saucepan, bring wine to a boil and cook the shallot and raisins for 5 minutes.
- Add broth and season. Simmer until cauliflower is roasted.
- Dilute the cornstarch in the cream and add to sauce, stirring with a whisk. Allow to thicken and adjust seasoning.
- Place one or two slices of cauliflower on each plate, garnish with dry sausage and drizzle sauce over.