Caribbean jerk pork chops with pineapple salsa
15 mins of preparation + 4 cooking time 6 servings
- 6 (2 packages) duBreton Boneless Loin Chops, Centre Cut
- 1 Habanero Chili Pepper, Stem Removed
- 3 Green Onions
- ¼ Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Lime, Juiced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Soy Sauce or Tamari
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dried Thyme
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Allspice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Brown Sugar
- 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) Salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Pepper
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Cinnamon
- 2 Cups (500 mL) Pineapple, Finely Diced
- ¼ Cup (60 mL) Red Pepper, Finely Diced
- 1 Green Onion, Minced
- 1 Lime, Zested and Juiced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Honey
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) Salt
- In a food processor, purée habanero chili pepper, green onions, oil, lime juice, soy sauce, garlic powder, thyme, allspice, brown sugar, salt, pepper and cinnamon until smooth.
- Place pork chops in a shallow bowl, and spread with jerk marinade. Marinate at room temperature, for 30 minutes, turning occasionally. You can also marinate the chops in the refrigerator for up to one day.
- Preheat the BBQ to medium heat (350° to 450°F).
- Mix together all ingredients for the salsa.
- Grill the pork chops over direct heat, with the lid closed, 2 minutes per side. Remove from grill and serve with pineapple salsa.