Roasted garlic pork chops and white vegetable purée with old cheddar
20 mins of preparation + 30 cooking time 6 servings
- 2 cups (500mL) organic turnip, peeled and diced
- 2 cups (500mL) organic parsnip, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups (1L) organic cauliflower, cut into large pieces
- 1-1/2 cup (375mL) organic potatoes, peeled and diced
- Sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. (30mL) organic butter
- 1/2 tsp. (2mL) organic celery salt
- 1/4 tsp. (1mL) organic cayenne pepper
- Pinch ground organic nutmeg
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. (15mL) organic olive oil
- 6 duBreton Boneless Rib Eye Pork Chops
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. (22mL) organic fermented garlic flowers
- 1/4 cup (60mL) fresh organic parsley
- 1/4 cup (60mL) fresh organic chives
- 1-1/2 cup (375mL) organic cheese of choice, cut into small cubes
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a pot, combine vegetables and cover with water. Add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Continue cooking until the vegetables are tender, approx. 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain vegetables, return to pot and mash. Add butter, spices, and salt and pepper to taste. Place pot over low heat.
- In a large oven-safe pan, heat oil and sear pork chops for 2 minutes on each side. Season pork and coat with garlic flowers. Transfer to oven and continue cooking for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add herbs and cubed cheese to vegetable purée. Stir and let some of the cheese melt.
- Distribute onto plates and then add the chops and top with drippings.