Maple rosemary spare ribs
15 mins of preparation + 90 cooking time 4 servings
- 1.35 kg (3 lbs.) of duBreton pork back ribs
- 2 French shallots, finely sliced
- 250 mL (1 cup) of white wine
- 625 mL (2½ cups) of prepared demi-glaze sauce
- 250 mL (1 cup) of water
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) of maple syrup
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of fresh rosemary or 10 ml (2 tsp.) of dried rosemary
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of pink pepper, crushed
- Place the spare ribs on a large baking sheet.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over the spare ribs.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour. Remove the cover and continue baking for 30 minutes.
- Brush the spare ribs with the sauce as it thickens.
- Serve with mashed root vegetables and a red cabbage salad.