Bacon-wrapped apple cream cheese jalepeno poppers
25 mins of preparation + 30 cooking time 20 servings
- 1 package duBreton Black Forest Bacon
- 10 large jalapenos, halved and seeded
- 3/4 brick plain cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (35g) sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 large green onions, chopped
- 1 medium granny smith apple, minced
- 3 large leaves fresh basil, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Half and seed jalapenos, remove seeds and membranes to reduce spiciness.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, green onion, granny smith apples and fresh basil. Stir well until evenly mixed.
- Fill each jalapeno half with cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap each filled jalapeno with ½ a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place bacon-wrapped jalapenos on a large baking sheet lined with foil or parchment and cook until bacon is crispy (approximately 30 minutes).