Italian sausages and grilled vegetable salad
0 mins of preparation + 0 cooking time 4 servings
- 2 onions, halved
- 4 large tomatoes, halved
- 2 courgettes, sliced into slices
- 2 lemons, cut in half
- 1 haloumi cheese, cut into ¾ inch slices
- 8 duBreton Mild Italian Sausages or Hot Italian Sausages
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. chopped dill or basil
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- ¼ cup green olive or chopped Kalamata
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Preheat the BBQ to medium temperature.
- In a large plate add all the ingredients of the salad and drizzle with oil.
- Season the vegetables with salt, omitting the cheese.
- On the BBQ grill, start by cooking the onions.
- Once the onions are halfway through cooking, add all the other ingredients: tomatoes, courgettes, tomatoes, cheese, sausages and lemons.
- Once the vegetables are golden brown, the cheese well grilled and the sausages well cooked, arrange on a large serving plate, drizzle with the juice of a grilled half lemon, garnish with vinaigrette to taste and season with pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients and set aside.