Mushroom and sausage omelette
10 mins of preparation + 20 cooking time 4 servings
- 1 package of 4 duBreton Mild Italian Sausages
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 portobello mushroom, sliced
- 227 g (8 oz.) of cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 8 eggs
- 80 mL (1/3 c.) of fresh chopped parsley
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 80 mL (1/3 c.) of feta, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Make a lengthwise incision in each sausage and remove the membrane.
- Heat a large, oven-safe pan over medium-high heat and brown the sausages for 5 minutes.
- Add the shallot and mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat the eggs with 80 mL (1/3 c.) of cold water along with the parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour the beaten eggs into pan, sprinkle with feta and transfer to oven to cook for 10 minutes.