Hearty pork burgers
20 mins of preparation + 15 cooking time 4 servings
- 675 g (1-1/2 lbs.) of duBreton extra-lean ground pork
- 10 mL (2 tsp.) of steak spice
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of fresh parsley, chopped
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of Dijon mustard
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 slices of whole-wheat bread, in crumbs
- Fresh-ground pepper and salt to taste
- 22 mL (1-1/2 tbsp.) of olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 227 g (8 oz.) of sliced white mushrooms
- 4 kaiser rolls
- 80 mL (1/3 c.) of barbecue sauce, home-made or store-bought
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked
- 4 tomato slices
- 8 dill pickle slices
- 4 pieces of leaf or Boston lettuce
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high or conventional oven to 210°C (425°F).
- In a bowl, mix all burger ingredients with exception of garnishes. Season to taste.
- Divide mixture into 4 portions and form into patties.
- Place on grill or on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper in centre of oven. Cook patties for 12 - 15 minutes, turning once.
- Pour oil over onion slices and mushrooms, coating thoroughly, and cook on barbecue or over high heat on stovetop.
- Heat buns and add patties and all garnishes.