Pork poutine with spicy asian sauce
20 mins of preparation + 35 cooking time 4 servings
Recipe made with:
- 1 L (4 c.) of potatoes cut into sticks
- 1.5 L (6 c.) of root vegetables of choice (turnip, rutabaga, carrot, parsnip, etc.) cut into sticks
- 45 mL (3 tbsp.) of olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 500 mL (2 c.) of prepared demi-glace
- 75 mL (5 tbsp.) of hoisin sauce
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of sambal oelek sauce
- 1 – 450 g (1 lb.) package of duBreton Extra Lean Ground Pork
- 500 mL (2 c.) of cheese curds
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 230°C (450°F).
- On 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper, arrange the potatoes and root vegetables. Drizzle with oil and season.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the demi-glace, hoisin sauce and sambal oelek sauce. Heat over medium-low heat.
- In a non-stick pan, cook the pork over medium-high heat until it is cooked through. Set aside, keeping warm.
- Among 4 bowls, divide half of the cheese, cover with roasted vegetables, add the cooked ground pork, the rest of the cheese and the sauce, and garnish with green onion.