Pork burgers with cheese curds and bacon
15 mins of preparation + 15 cooking time 6 servings
- 2 – 450 g (1 lb.) packages of duBreton Extra Lean Ground Pork
- 6 slices of duBreton Black Forest Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 125 mL (½ c.) of coarsely chopped cheese curds
- 125 mL (½ c.) of bread crumbs
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of steak seasoning
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 lettuce leaves
Sweet and spicy sauce
- 80 mL (⅓ c.) of mayonnaise
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of ketchup
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of relish
- 5–10 mL (1–2 tsp.) of sriracha sauce
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the ketchup, relish and sriracha sauce. Set aside in refrigerator while preparing the burgers.
- Preheat oven to 230°C (450°F).
- In a large bowl, mix the ground pork with the bacon, cheese, bread crumbs and steak seasoning.
- Form 6 burger patties and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- 3 to 4 minutes before removing the burgers, place the buns in the oven to heat.
- Garnish each bun with sauce, lettuce and a meat patty.
Preheat barbecue to medium-high heat and cook the patties for 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Heat the buns for 2 to 3 minutes.