Curried pork meatball soup with coconut milk
30 mins of preparation + 20 cooking time 4 to 6 servings
- 450 g (1 lb.) of duBreton Ground Pork
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of fresh ginger, minced
- 1 egg
- 125 mL (½ cup) of bread crumbs
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 750 mL (3 cups) of chicken broth
- 1 - 398 mL (14 oz.) can of coconut milk
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of red curry
- 1 carrot, sliced into thin rounds
- 500 mL (2 cups) of spinach
- 1 green onion, minced
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of Thai basil, minced
- 1 lime, quartered
- 250 mL (1 cup) of bean sprouts
- In a large bowl, mix the meat with the garlic, ginger, egg and breadcrumbs. Season to taste.
- Form into balls approximately 2 cm (¾ in.) in diameter.
- In a large pot, stir together the chicken broth and coconut milk. Add the red curry and season to taste. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place the meatballs in the broth-curry mixture and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Stir gently, adjust the seasoning and serve garnished with the Thai basil and with lime wedges and bean sprouts on the side for guests to use as they like.